DCBA Hosts Spectacular Chinese New Year Gala
Annual Event Featured Notable Speakers, Entertainment and Sponsors
The Annual Chinese New Year Gala, hosted by the Detroit Chinese Business Association, welcomed the Year of the Sheep, as well as a delegation of governmental and business leaders from China to Michigan for networking and building business partnerships. The Motor City Casino Soundboard venue was lit with red and gold décor on Feb. 27 as a sold-out crowd of more than 450 attendees celebrated unity and luck for a prosperous year of the Sheep.
A special keynote address by Lt. Gov. Brian Calley highlighted the evening, while the celebration also included remarks from Fred Schell, vice president at DTE Energy; David Wang, president of Yanfeng USA; Ken Barrett, chief diversity officer for GM; and Mary Buchzeiger, CEO of Sure Solutions. Jerry Xu, president of DCBA emceed the evening’s festivities.
The event honored both Carol Cain and the Future Bridge program for their contributions and support of global partnerships. The gala also featured spectacular performances by the Peking Opera and the Ballet Detroit Foundation.
The year of the Sheep holds promise for a year of peace and positive business relationships. These sentiments were shared as the event hosted a silent auction to support the Detroit Public Schools Foundation (DSPF). An additional live auction took place for three Delta Air Lines tickets to China, which sold for $6,000 to Key Safety Systems with $4,000 going to DPSF and $2,000 going to the American Chinese School Greater Detroit (ACSGD).
The DCBA Annual Chinese New Year celebration couldn’t be possible without its sponsors, including:
- Diplomat sponsors: Delta Air Lines, DTE Energy, QAD Enterprise Solutions and Sure Solutions Inc.
- Envoy sponsors: General Motors, MEDC, Yanfeng USA and ZYNP International
- Gold sponsors: Baker Tilley, Kerr Russell, Lucerne International, Miller Canfield, Rehmann and Wayne County
- Silver sponsors: Airfoil, Cats Co., Deloitte, Ernst & Young, KPMG, Hylant Insurance and Mellen Smith & Pivoz PLC
- Bronze sponsors: Bromberg Associates, Clayton McKervey, Comerica Bank, Corrigan air & sea Cargo, DTE Energy, Friedman, GEM Rudolph Libbe, NAI Farbman, Title Connect and Message Makers.
- Media partners: Ambassador Magazine, CBS 62 TV, Corp! Magazine, Crain’s Detroit Business, Michigan Business Network and X-OLOGY
About the Detroit Chinese Business Association (DCBA):
DCBA is a Michigan based non-profit organization. Founded in 1995, its primary goal is to foster bilateral business relationships between US and Chinese companies. Leveraging DCBA’s services is the most effective way to conduct business between Michigan and China.